- Is the qualifier an online competition or a physical event?
The Qualifier is an online competition. All athletes participate in the qualifier for a chance to compete at the 10th annual TFG competition.
- When is TFG?
TFGwill be held January 28th & 29th at the Travis County Expo Center in Austin, Texas
- Where do I find the Qualifier workouts?
The 2017 Qualifier events will be posted in October, You can find the 2016 Qualifier events here -> thefittestgames.com/2016-fittest-games-qualifier
- Where do I submit my Qualifier videos?
All submissions will be uploaded through RedBelt Digital. You will be able to access this through our website, more information coming soon.
- Can anyone compete on my team? Or do we have to belong to the same gym?
Nope. Anyone can be on your team. Your team can be comprised of athletes from your gym, your organization, other regions, other continents…your choice.
- How do we pick our team?
When you register through EventBrite you will register your entire team. You will need to enter information for all four team members (2 men and 2 women).
- I’m not sure if I should compete in the Amateur or Intermediate Division – can I sign up for both?
Yes. If you are on the fence, register for both the Pro/Amateur Intermediate/Scaled Divisions and see where you fall. This will require you to register for both divisions – meaning separate registrations and registration fees. This also mean separate email addresses.
- Does that mean I have to perform both the Pro/Amateur and the Intermediate/Scaled workouts and submit scores for both events for the Qualifier?
- What is the weight and movement difference between Pro/Amateur and the Intermediate/Scaled Divisions?
Athletes in the Pro/Amateur Division should be able to perform muscle ups, male athletes should have a max deadlift at 350 or more and a max thruster at 225 or more. Female athletes should be able to compete max lifts at 70% of these weights.
- If I miss the cutoff for Amateur can I just compete in the Intermediate division at TFG in January?
No. To qualify for the Intermediate & Scaled divisions you must register for that division in the qualifier and Earn Your Spot!
- What are the cut off dates for the Masters age brackets?
Masters 35-39: To qualify for this division, you must turn 35 years old by on or before January 28, 2017.
Masters 40-44: To qualify for this division, you must turn 40 years old by on or before January 28, 2017.
Masters 45-49: To qualify for this division, you must turn 45 years old by on or beforeJanuary 28, 2017.
Masters 50+: To qualify for this division, you must turn 50 years old by on or beforeJanuary 28, 2017.
- When will the Qualifier events be released?
Week 1 events will be released October 17th @ 7pm CT. Week 2 events will be released October 24th @ 7pm CT.
- If first place doesn’t submit a video during the qualifier, and I got second place and did submit a video…does that mean I win the cash?
- When are my scores due?
Week 1 submissions are due by October 23rd @ 8pm CT. Week 2 submissions are due by October 30th @ 8pm CT.
- Do you accept late submission?